To guarantee your child’s teeth remain healthy and strong, you will need to brush them every single day from the time they appear above the gum line until your child can easily and safely brush their own teeth by themselves. The excitement of a better smile for children awaits with better brushing tactics. The key to understanding childhood tooth brushing includes the following:
– For children under 3 years of age, a rice-sized dash of toothpaste should be used, and for children 3-6, a pea-sized dash of toothpaste should be used.
– Attempt to bring your child in for an oral examination to their pediatrician before they turn one year of age.
– Avoid attempts to share utensils or dental cleaning tools between you and your child.
– Try to use toothpaste that has the ADA Seal of Acceptance and has been recommended or approved by your child’s pediatrician.
– You should commence brushing your child’s teeth from the time the first tooth grows in until they can safely do the task themselves.
– Search for durable toothbrushes soft bristles.
No matter the oral health treatments your child desires, Dr. R. Bruce Howell and our team at Orem Pediatric Dentistry are here to give your child the smile they want. If you would like to schedule an appointment to come see us at our pediatric office in Orem, Utah, please contact us at 801-802-7200 to speak with a member of our team. A better smile is the first step to a brighter, healthier lifestyle that can improve your child’s life for many years to come.